Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with clients, main contractors and sub-contractors on project work schedule and activities, be responsible for project delivery according to the project's objectives and budget. Leading a large project or multiple smaller projects, you will be responsible for planning and scheduling project activities in a safe and cost-efficient manner to ensure project success.
To be successful as a Project Manager / Deputy Project Manager, you should demonstrate strong analytical thinking and be able to have prompt, open and direct communications with your stakeholders to achieve project expectations including safety and quality standards. Outstanding candidates should display assertiveness, accountability, commitment, proactiveness and have a keen sense of cost consciousness to maximise value for the Company.
Think you have got what it takes?
Candidates with more experience and can demonstrate more competency in managing ground improvement projects will be considered for the Project Manager role.
A day in the life of a Project Manager / Deputy Project Manager
- Accountable for delivering the Project within the approved cost and budget.
- Accountable for all communication related to the project with internal and external stakeholders. Drives collaboration with the other functions for a successful delivery of the project.
- Accountable for the performance and productivity of the project. Responsible to plan and schedule project activities and resource allocation (e.g., machines, material and manpower, Project org chart) to meet project objectives.
- Accountable to ensure progress claims are submitted in a timely fashion with the relevant documents and follows up to ensure collection within the contract period.
- Accountable to submit accurate Project Finance Reports and Work-related reports (e.g., Work Progress, MS, RA, SWP, Equipment reports, weekly reports, monthly provisions, site cash etc.) in a timely fashion.
- Ensure there is proper taking over of the project from the tender stage.
- Responsible to be well-versed with the Contracts T&C to ensure strict adherence to the conditions of contract. Knows when to follow-up on the VO process.
- Responsible to collect Certificate of Practicable Completion and Statement of Final Accounts after completion of projects.
- Responsible to adhere to the applicable Procure-to-Pay (e.g., vendor and subcontractor selection, site PO, etc.).
- Responsible to foresee project risks and take steps to propose and implement mitigation measures.
- Accountable to ensure global HSEQ programs and initiatives are implemented at project site.
- Leads and promotes a strong HSEQ culture at the project site. Accountable to ensure HSEQ compliance, i.e., according to country, client, and company requirements.
- Develops direct reports through engagement, coaching and performance feedback.
- Ensure full compliance of site personnel to company's HR policies (e.g., Ethics, Business Conduct, Site Discipline, OT)
This role will be required to spend most of the time on construction sites and candidates must be comfortable working outdoors.
You will need:
A professional degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
5 - 10 years of relevant working experience
Experience in ground improvement work will be advantageous
Certificate or relevant experience in construction law and contracts will be advantageous
A valid Construction Safety Course for Project Managers or Supervise Construction Work for WSH certificate is required
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What we offer:
- Annual Leave, Medical Insurance, Medical Leave, Variable Bonus, Learning & Development Opportunities, Referral Rewards and Employee Assistance Program
- Global and regional networking opportunities
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
We encourage applications for the right candidates regardless of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race. Learn more about Keller's Inclusion Commitment at https://www.keller.com/how-we-work/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
Working hours: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (Mon - Fri); 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (Sat)
Work schedule: 5.5 days (Mon - Fri)
Work location: Singapore
Send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org