Reporting to the Design Manager, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Business Development Team to provide design support for tenders. You will be expected to review tender specifications, requirements and draft the technical proposals. Likewise, you will be working closely with the Operations team to perform design-related coordination work, analysing geotechnical issues at project sites, and preparing detailed drawings for the site team.
To be successful as a Geotechnical Design Engineer, you should be independent, demonstrate strong analytical thinking and be able to have prompt, open and direct communications with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project expectations. Outstanding candidates should be meticulous, detail oriented, demonstrate willingness to learn and display a positive attitude with a drive for results.
Think you've got what it takes?
A day in the life of a Geotechnical Design Engineer
- Design support for tenders:
- Review and summarize soil condition reports, tender specifications and requirements
- Identify and summarise geotechnical problems and technical risk.
- Analyse geotechnical problems and draft technical proposal.
- Design-related coordination work for ongoing projects:
- Perform analysis and design in accordance with current legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Prepare detailed construction drawings with the assistance of the draughtsperson.
- Conduct regular site visits to integrate design concept and actual ground conditions.
- Quality Control (QC) review and verification between design assumptions and actual site conditions.
- Carry out geotechnical analysis and design using tools such as Slope/W, Plaxis, as well as Keller's in-house software.
- Conduct back analysis and research for future improvement based on actual performance and as-built data.
- Prepare technical proposals for remedial work during construction phase when required.
- Liaise with clients/consultants/sub-contractors on technical-related issues.
Note: This role requires candidates to perform regular site walks at outdoor construction sites
You will need:
- A professional degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience in Geotechnical Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), AutoCAD, Plaxis 2D and 3D
- A valid Supervise Construction Work for WSH certificate (preferable)
What we offer:
- Annual Leave, Medical Insurance, Medical Leave, Variable Bonus, Learning & Development Opportunities, Referral Rewards and Employee Assistance Program
- Global and regional networking opportunities
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
We encourage applications for the right candidates regardless of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race. Learn more about Keller's Inclusion Commitment at https://www.keller.com/how-we-work/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
Working hours: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm (Mon - Fri)
Work schedule: 5 days (Mon - Fri)
Work location: Singapore
Send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com